PDA

View Full Version : Multiple mediaStreamSinks

drax
March 23, 2006, 18:21:50
Hi,
I have adapted the capture video file demo application to use 2 controls simultaneously, but when I call livestart on the second control when the first one is running the application hangs - the displays are still being updated but the code never continues beyond camera2.livestart!

I have tried this with sinkmoderunning set to true and false and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Stefan Geissler
March 24, 2006, 09:17:49
Hello,

Since i can not see your source code, i must a little bit guess.

Do you have differend file names for AVI capture? Is your computer fast enough? It is a lot of data to be processed.
do you use a fast codec like divx?

drax
March 24, 2006, 09:58:52
Hi Stefan,

Its a reasonably fast PC, Sempron 2600+, 1Gb RAM, 240Gb SATA 16Mb cach HD and a fast Mainboard. I am using Divx 6.1 as the codec. I am using different filenames for the AVI files, but there is no disc access on the second call to llivestart. I have left it for up to 5 minutes and still nothing, it just seems that the program never gets beyond the second livestart call. I also notices, incidentally that if you use a mapped network drive eg m:\... then IC Imaging control generates an internal error

Stefan Geissler
March 24, 2006, 11:30:34
Hello

The file name is used by Microsofts FileWriter filter. If it is not able to handle this, then you must use local pathes. Could you send me your code to support@imagingcontrol.com, so i could test it here?

At least: Could you use another codec then DivX 6.1? I found it not working well in different situations.

drax
March 24, 2006, 11:43:56
Hi Stefan
Mailed it to you. I have also tried several other codecs with the same effect . Also tried to change format to Y800 and same thing happened

Stefan Geissler
March 24, 2006, 12:48:45
Problem solved. You only retrieved one codec instance and passed it to two other imaging controls too. That wont work. I have send the corrected project to you.

drax
March 24, 2006, 12:54:28
A master as always - thank you