PDA

View Full Version : Quality life display

Chris Troch
March 23, 2006, 16:07:26
IC Control 3.0
---------------
When showing a life display , we get horizontal lines in the display. This behaviour is since moving to IC Control 3.0 (2.1 works fine). When writing to an AVI file, the horizontal lines do not show!

We tried using DFG/SV1 card and USB Dazzle frame grabber. We don't have the problem with webcams. The pc's are very fast machines, with fast video cards, enough memory etc.

Any ideas how to solve this.

Stefan Geissler
March 23, 2006, 16:34:49
Hello Chris,

The horizontal lines are occurred if the PCI bandwidth is expired. But the error are only in the transfer from the memory to the graphics board. The transfer from the grabber into memory is guaranteed to have no errors. Thus you can not see the horizontal lines in the capture AVI.

If you do not need the graphic overlay, then you should remove it by inserting following line of code:

icimagingcontrol1.OverlayBitmapPosition = PathPositions.None;

This should reduce the PCI bandwidth amount, because the image buffers are copied one time less.

Also it is an good idea to use a YUV video format instead of an RGB32 video format.

Chris Troch
March 23, 2006, 18:21:28
thanks, the quality is now much better... although not perfect!

we have an application in the medical sector and need a perfect live image (and of course also very good video quality afterwards)... so, in your opinion, what hardware should we use in conjunction with the Imaging Control software? Is there a quality difference in your frame grabbing boards? Should we use faster or more memory? Faster CPU's?

Stefan Geissler
March 24, 2006, 08:15:32
Hello Chris,

It is not a problem of your CPU or memory. It is a problem of the PCI bus and IC Imaging Control 3.0. In your case i recommend to switch back to IC Imaging Control 2.1.

Chris Troch
March 24, 2006, 08:27:36
Thanks, please keep me informed when the problems with 3.0 are solved (I also have a framework 2.0 version!)

Stefan Geissler
March 24, 2006, 08:38:59
Chris,

The problem is IC Imaging Control 3.0 has much more capabillities than IC Imaging Control 2.1. Thus some other bottle necks with hardware may occur.

Also the same issue you report will not happen with FireWire cameras, they will only happen with PCI grabbers.