PDA

View Full Version : debayering frame filter

Unregistered
March 21, 2006, 11:08:14
Am I missing something? Do I need a statement in visual basic 6 to actually implement the debayer frame filter for image processing? It appears that I just see RAW data on the live display, no matter what I set for the debayermode or startpattern for the ICImagingControl properties. The trial version of IC Capture does allow debayering, so I am thinking it is just in the implementation.

Stefan Geissler
March 21, 2006, 12:28:59
I do not know whether you miss something. Please let me know, which version of IC Imaging Control you use. Then i would like to know which camera and driverversion you use.

IC Imaging Control 3 supports filter. Handling the debayer transform filter is explained here:
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/activex/stdfilterDeBayer.htm

If your driver provides a BY8 video format, then the DeBayertransform filter of the driver should be inserted automatically.

ozdent
March 22, 2006, 02:48:53
The camera I am using is a Sony XCD 710CR and I have downloaded the IC ImageControl 3.0 trial and the driver from the imaging source website, the sony trial windows driver. The device comes up as XCD-710CR V3.00E

The installer I used was the extracted installer v 2.0.1.0 for TIS SONY DCAM
I am trialling this software for a specific development.

Stefan Geissler
March 22, 2006, 08:59:08
Hello,

With the IC Imaging Control was a program named "Filter Inspector" installed. With this small program you can try the filters, also the de bayer filter. Please click on the Window Start button, select "All Program", then "IC Imaging Control 3.0". In this folder you will find the Filte Inspector. There could also be an IC Imaging Control 3.0 icon on your desktop, that links to this folder.

When opening the camera, select an Y800 or monochrome format.
At least the driver version is 3.1.52.0 and can be downloaded from http://www.1394imaging.com/en/downloads/cameras/firewire_mono/xcdx710/

ozdent
March 22, 2006, 11:27:51
Stefan, I have done these things: the Filter Inspector works as it should, but there is no way of implementing the debayering from any of the icimagingcontrol boxes. I certainly do have the filter files and can select from only y800 formats. Even including the code as described does not implement debayering. It does not have an enable option in the properties box, but does have options for DebayerMode and DebayerStartPattern. It just seems impossible to implement the debayering option. I have excellent monochrome images, but why would I get an OK result with the filter inspector? I am obviously not loading the filters, but including the code as suggested on the web link does not do anything.
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
March 22, 2006, 15:50:04
Hello.

Please have a look at following link and the related topics.

http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/activex/prop_descICImagingControl_DeBayerActive.htm

This would only work, if a BY8 video format is returned. Also if you use a BY8 video format, then the debayering should be done automatically.

You have not a BY8 format and you have inserted the code as explained in the documentation, can you display the property dialog of the debayer transform filter?

At least, you must add the frame filter to ICImagingControl:
ICImagingControl1.DeviceFrameFilters.Add thefilterobject

(thefilterobject is your filterobject)

ozdent
March 23, 2006, 10:14:05
Stefan, thankyou very much, it was an error in activating the appropriate filter. Thanks for your help. All seems to be working now
Best Regards