PDA

View Full Version : Capturing from 2 cameras at same time

Freddy
March 3, 2006, 15:32:19
Is it possible to capture from two cameras at the same time?
We work on biomechanics and that would be of great help, because we need to capture same sport's action from 2 different points of view.

Thank you very much for your help

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2006, 15:51:24
Freddy,

Yes, it is possible. Just insert two IC Imaging Control ActiveX Controls on your form. Please take care of the bandwith amout if you use FireWire cameras.

Freddy
May 31, 2006, 14:02:27
Hi,
I used your demo VB6 project to capture from 2 cameras simultaneously.
Both of them appear on the Open Devide Dialog Form as "Microsoft DV camera and VCR" and "Microsoft DV camera and VCR1"
I correctly open first of them, but when trying to open the 2nd one is giving me an error:
Un UnExpected DShowLibException occured: Error = Failed to start the graph. Due to: Not enough resources ...
In file FilterGraph.cpp

Could you help me with it?

Thank you very much

Stefan Geissler
May 31, 2006, 14:35:11
Freddy,

That is, what i wrote about bandwidth amount in my last post. There is not enough bandwidth available on the FireWire bus to handle both devices. You may use a smaller frame rate or video format or you insert a second FireWire board into your computer.

Freddy
May 31, 2006, 15:24:56
I chose a small size for 1st and 2nd video sources (180x144) in order to reduce the bandwidth needed.
It is not the size i need, but ...
I am not able to change the frame rate. I don't have the option.
The problem still happened.

Thank you very much for your time and help

Freddy
May 31, 2006, 15:31:40
I also tried to switch from one device to the other and the same problem occured!
Is it a bandwidth problem? In this case i only want to capture from one device, but being able to change the device i'm capturing from (not during capture)

Thank you again

Stefan Geissler
May 31, 2006, 15:42:25
Freddy,

Are you able to capture from one device only?

Stefan

Freddy
May 31, 2006, 15:46:24
Sorry for writting this 3rd consecutive message.
The thing is even worst. Even if i see both video sources at the device dialog box, when choosing the 2nd one (not choosing any of them before), the same problem occurs.

At the beginning i though it happened because i was trying to open 2 video sources at the same time.
On my second message i though that i couldn't change from one to the other.
But, as i now see, i can not even open the second device "Microsoft DV camera and VCR1". Why is that?

Thank you and sorry again for the 3 messages. I though it could be of help to inform you.

Best regards

Freddy
May 31, 2006, 15:54:39
Hello again,
YES, i have been capturing a single camera for a long time. First with ICImagingControl 2.1 and later with 3.0

All this is happening when connecting 2 different digital cameras to the computer.
I see both of them in the dialog box, but i can't choose the second one.

Thank you very much

Stefan Geissler
June 1, 2006, 09:19:49
Hello Freddy,

I must surrender, i have no experiences with two "Microsoft DV camera and VCR" devices connected to one computer. I do not know, what the driver does. Thus i suggest to use two FireWire boards. This should fix the problem if it is a bandwidth problem.

Freddy
July 20, 2006, 13:33:59
Hello,
How can i change the name of the video device that icImagingControl is detecting?
Any camera i plug into my computer is recognized as "Microsoft DV camera and VCR".
I've used SONY, Canon, Panasonic and JVC. All of them are recognized as "Microsoft DV camera and VCR"!!!
Is it a problem with the driver? How can i find the correct driver if needed?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help

Stefan Geissler
July 21, 2006, 09:05:39
Freddy,

I am sorry, but you can't change the name. The "Microsoft DV camera and VCR" DirectShow filter determines the name.