PDA

View Full Version : working under Visual Studio 2005

zgil
January 24, 2006, 13:57:40
Hi,

The company I work for uses the "DFG/1394-1e" video to 1394 converter in our product.
We have been using developing under Visual Studio 6.0 so far, and I am now porting the code to Visual Studio 2005. I have a few problems:
1. The "dshow.h" file does not exist in the newer versions of directX 8 and 9, and I prefer to use the new versions rather than the old ones.
2. Your code samples do not run even with the old dshow libs. The problem I see is with the code:
// Get the list of all available video capture devices.
Grabber::tVidCapDevListPtr pVidCapDevList = grabber->getAvailableVideoCaptureDevices();
if( pVidCapDevList == 0 || pVidCapDevList->empty() )
{
return false;
}

The code always returns false since the list is empty, even though I have a few devices connected.

The sample applications run correct on my computer - however that happens only with you pre-built executables.

What do you suggest?

Thank you very much,

Gil

Stefan Geissler
January 24, 2006, 16:29:56
Hello,

.NET 2005 is not supported yet. I suggest to use .NET 2003 at this point of time.
We have no deadline for a .NET 2005 release.

zgil
January 24, 2006, 20:35:29
Using .Net 2003 is not an option for me.
Is there a way for me to create some kind of a dll or lib under VS6.0 so that I might be able to use that lib\dll under VS2005?
Your sample code compiles fine under VS 2005. could it be that I am missing something that might enable it to also run? From my experience, usually libs that worked fine under VS2003 can also be used in VS2005.

Please let me know, since if there is no way to use your product SDK in the near future under VS2005, I should inform people in my company and we might need to look for alternative solutions.

Thank you,
Gil

Stefan Geissler
January 25, 2006, 08:26:52
Hello Gil,

Our programming team still works on this issue. I suggest to write an email to support@imagingcontrol.com. This enables us to notify you easier when a version is finished.