PDA

View Full Version : Runtime License

Carsten Lohe
January 17, 2006, 10:05:10
I'm using version 2.1 Rev. 5 of IC Imaging Control (ActiveX - Standard version) for the development of an imaging application. In my test environment I have installed IC Imaging Control from the development CD (my setup program is currently not ready to run). When I start my program I get the error "Sie besitzen nicht die entsprechende Lizenz, um dieses Funktionsmerkmal zu benutzen." We are using a FW camera purchased from TIS. What's going wrong?

Best regards,
Carsten Lohe

Stefan Geissler
January 17, 2006, 12:55:09
Hello Mr. Lohe,

First of all the error message should be in english, not in german. But i am not sure about this, because we only use english Windows systems.

This error message occurs, if you want to use the ICImagingControl.OCX in an IDE like .NET or Visual Basic 6 without having installed it using the setup. Simply copying from one computer to another and calling "regsvr32 Icimagingcontrol.ocx" will not work in this case.

If you have created an application and tried to create a setup on a completely clean computer, then the process mentioned above should work. The application must start.
Please make sure, that all necessary files are copied to the computer before you register the OCX. If the error message occurs, then the OCX has been registered correctly.

Do you use other OCX in your application that are installed on the target computer?
What programming language do you use? Do you use the OCX dynamically or is it inserted in a form?

Stefan Geissler
January 17, 2006, 13:09:00
You may send an e-mail to support@imagingcontrol.com, so we can continue the conversation in german.