PDA

View Full Version : exposure time

dinesh8_10
November 8, 2005, 09:16:23
dear sir

i used the exposure property of icimagingcontrol activex in visula basic..... i put a text box on the form ......i connect this testbox with icimagingcontrol.exposure property.....it shows some value of exposure time .....what is unit of this value .....if it is not in seconds then how can i convert this values in seconds or milliseconds..... i m using pixelink monochrome camera a653...

with regards

dinesh

Stefan Geissler
November 8, 2005, 14:48:38
Hello Dinesh,

The exposure value representation depends on the used device. Please refer to http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/activex/tech_VCDProperties.htm . There is text about exposure.

dinesh8_10
November 21, 2005, 10:22:44
dear sir

i used the exposure property of icimagingcontrol activex in visual basic..... i put a text box on the form ......i connect this testbox with icimagingcontrol.exposure property.....it shows some value of exposure time 0 to 300.....what is unit of this value .....i m using pixelink monochrome camera a653...its exposure time details are 10us to 300ms in step of 10 us.....

regards

dinesh

Stefan Geissler
November 21, 2005, 11:03:52
Hello Dinesh,

The register values displayed to exposure conversion to seconds depend on the camera. Please look into your cameras menual and hope, there is a formula or a table. IC Imaging Control can only show, what the camera or the driver delivers.
Also there is a DirectShow convention for physical values for exposure:

Seconds = 2^n,

If n = -5, then the seconds = 2^-5 = 1/32 seconds.