PDA

View Full Version : How do I change camera characteristics (exposure, gain, brighness...)?

bradle95
November 7, 2005, 18:06:19
How do I change camera characteristics (exposure, gain, brighness...)? When I put in a line such as icimagingcontrol1.gain = 50, I get the error "Run-time error '15': The called function is not available with current device." If I use the Fire-i program, I can change the gain, so how can I do it with icimagingcontrol?

Stefan Geissler
November 8, 2005, 13:53:14
Hello,

The gain property depends on your video capture device. If you use a DCam, use contrast instead of gain. This was invented by SONY in the times, where DirectShow did not expose a gain property.
You may also refer to http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/dotnet/tech_VCDProperties.htm . This article shows, how to access all supported camera properties.

bradle95
November 8, 2005, 15:50:29
This is not available with the fire-i driver, none of the typical settings are, runtime error 15 occurs. I beleive this is a directshow driver though. Any way to change the setting for a dcam using this driver?

Stefan Geissler
November 8, 2005, 16:06:56
The Fire-I driver is totally propreitary. So it can not be used with DirectShow using software. It will not work with IC Imaging Control.