PDA

View Full Version : Video Format

dbleau
October 27, 2005, 23:15:27
Hi everybody.

I need to know which is the best video format for capture a uncompressed frame domestic panasonic DV video cam using the Microsoft DV driver.

I try RGB24

But the quality of the bmp is not great

Thanks everybody.

Dan

Stefan Geissler
October 28, 2005, 12:24:33
Hello Dan

You can try RGB 24 and YUV. There should not be big differences. What is the problem with the quality?

dbleau
October 28, 2005, 22:40:07
I have and other activex from viscomsoft call VideoCap Pro and the
snap shot is better quality

Stefan Geissler
October 31, 2005, 08:07:42
Hello,

It would be a great help for me, if you could desrcibe, what is the better quality, what are the differences. Thank you.

dbleau
October 31, 2005, 19:17:38
Hello stefan, sorry i am french
this is a link to a picture sample, you will see
do I get a better quality if i install a s-video frame grabber then the DV signal ? http://3dbsolution.com/compare.bmp

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
November 1, 2005, 08:41:07
Hello,

Thank you for the image. I compared the heads, i magnified them, but i can not see any differences, except the IC Imaging Control image has a little bit more color. But this depends on the used camera parameters only.

dbleau
November 1, 2005, 14:55:49
Hello Stefan, I don't find the IC control as more color I find the hight light is more bright compare to the other one.

do I get a better quality if i install a s-video frame grabber then the DV signal ?

is there a way to replace the blue background with a still image ?
I like to design a new chromakey photo system
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
November 3, 2005, 08:23:26
Hello,

I think, the image properties can be adjusted with the camera properties, like brightness, saturation etc. I can not say, whether you get a bette quality, but S-VHS would be worth a test.

If you want to echange the blue background with a still image, you can use any image processing software like photo shop, paint shop or what ever. IC Imaging Control itselft has no such funcionallity. You may program this on your own, this should not be so hard with a little programming experience.

dbleau
November 3, 2005, 12:52:48
Hello Stefan, I have an old s-video capture card. I will try to test to see if the quality is better.

For the chromakey what i like to do. is to replace the blue with a still image on a live shot.

I all ready have software to replace the bleu after the shot is taking

Long time ago i use a Targa+ capture card to do the chormakey
Thanks Dan