PDA

View Full Version : Error when using firewire camera(DV)

ted616
October 3, 2005, 04:55:25
Hi, I use visual c++ 2003 wizard to make a simple dialog application. Everything works ok, I can get the device dialog and select camera and size if I am only use a usb web camera. However, the program give me an exception once I insert the firewire dv camera. If I use examples came with the program or I make a MFC document program, then everthing works fine. It gives me an exception only if I use dialog application. The attachment is the exception dialog. Anyone know do I need to set any additional settings for dialog application?

Stefan Geissler
October 5, 2005, 10:17:38
Hello,

This is strange. If your program works with a USB camera and not with a DV camera, then there must be a problem in the driver or in some DirectShow filters. I suggest to try different video format (YUV or RGB) and test whether the error occurs any longer.

ted616
October 5, 2005, 12:50:34
The problem is, if I coonect firewire camera. This error box is display before the device configuration box is display. But the example program and document program don't have these kink of problems. Only, self-build dialog program has this problem

Stefan Geissler
October 6, 2005, 09:13:54
Hello.

Yo may send your project as zipped file to supprt@imagingcontrol.com, so i could have a look on it.

ted616
October 6, 2005, 15:59:22
I just sent my files to supprt@imagingcontrol.com, but my email is denied. I don't know why. Anyway, The following is the link of my files, wish you can have a look. Thank you.
http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~z_baoshe/test.zip

Stefan Geissler
October 7, 2005, 09:04:57
Hello,

The correct email address is support@imagingcontrol.com. I skipped the "o" after the "pp". Sorry. Anyway, i donwloaded your file from the given link.

ted616
October 11, 2005, 19:13:13
Hi, stefan, did you find the problem when you are using my code?
Thank you.

Stefan Geissler
October 12, 2005, 09:15:35
Ted,

sorry, i downloaded it, had a look on it and then got a work overload from other side. So i forgot you completely. I try to have a look on it today.

Stefan Geissler
October 12, 2005, 10:15:48
Hello Ted,

In your CtestDlg::OnBnClickedButton1() you declared a variable DShowLib::Grabber m_pGrabber;
This opens the grabber and should display the live video. If the OnBnClickedButton1() is ended, the grabber is deleted and no live video is shown. Just move the line DShowLib::Grabber m_pGrabber; into your class declaration and your application works fine.
I also suggest to rename the static ID "IDC_STATIC" into "IDC_STATIC_VIDEO".

ted616
October 12, 2005, 13:02:02
I put "DShowLib::Grabber m_pGrabber;"after
class CtestDlg : public CDialog
{
// Construction
public:
DShowLib::Grabber m_pGrabber;
}

However, I still have the same problem. I gives me an exception only if I plug in the firewire camera. The code is working on your computer? even you plug in a firwire camera?

Stefan Geissler
October 13, 2005, 12:00:28
Ted,

and you removed it from the OnBnClickedButton1() function?
Yes, it runs fine on my computer.