PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall MV Demo Source from my PC

Patabelle
September 9, 2005, 10:59:24
Hello I would like to uninstall the MV Demo Source from my computer . I have check on the control panel , on the registry and on the Directory file without finding the solution. I have also uninstall the Montivision Resource Kit to uninstall the MV Demo Source.

Thank in advance for your help

Patabelle

Marc Cymontkowski
September 13, 2005, 10:33:35
Dear Patabelle,

If you uninstall the MontiVision Developemnt Kit, the MV Demo Source filter should be gone, too. If it is still there, please try to unregister the filter using the command 'RegSvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\MontiVision\MontiVision Development Kit\bin\filter\DemoSource.ax" (or wherever you installed it).

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

Patabelle
September 15, 2005, 17:32:19
Hello

I tried to unregister the Demosource.ax file with the following command :
"RegSvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\MontiVision\MontiVision Development Kit\bin\filter\DemoSource.ax"

Unfortunately the MV Demo Source is still on my PC .
I have execute the command when the Montivision Resource Kit was desintall => The command couldn't be execute because the module was not present

I have done the same operation just afer making a new installation of Montivision resource Kit => The command complete succesfully but the MV Demo source is still on my PC . No change after a new deinstallation of the Resource Kit.

So thanks for your help to solve this problem

Best regards

Patabelle

Bernd Peretzke
September 16, 2005, 09:12:20
Hi,

Very strange. You can download the DSFilterSpy application from my private home page (http://www.bernd-peretzke.de/) . This application lists all direct show filter from your system. Look for the MV Demo Source filter and remove it with X button from the toolbar. This funktion removes the registry entries from this filter. Then you can delete the DemoSource.ax file from the MV Dev Kit installation path.

Regards
Bernd

Patabelle
September 20, 2005, 15:21:34
Thank Bernd I have remove the filter with the DSFilterSpy..

Regards
Patabelle