PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with ax files or maybe not

gouzstyles
September 1, 2005, 04:01:44
I am having a difficult time getting started in either VB6 or VB.net. I want to gain access to the information held within a blobfinder filter inside an MVP project file. I have successfully loaded, played and accessed the filter properties of my project file in both programming enviroments... However I am unsure of what to do next. I have spent many hours attempting to figure out how to gain access to the data in the blob finder. I have read and re-read both the helpfiles and the sample programs (including vb6 findobject) and despite this, me and my now self-apparent slow brain have no clue as to what to do.

It seems as though in the sample programs they have access to either filter specific Dlls (.net) or .ax files (vb6) that provide a type library and access to this much precious data that I seek. I have tried regsvr32 and adding them to my projects through COM toolboxes but with no luck. So now I am here pleeding for help; some sort of explanation so perhaps my poor intellect can be nursed back to health. Thanks in advance.

-EG

Bernd Peretzke
September 6, 2005, 18:18:49
Hi,

To use the interfaces within VB you have to add a reference to the type library to the project. Select the project->references menu in VB and enable the filter type libraries you need.
Sometimes the development enviroment doesn't show the main interface of a filter in the datatypes. Ignore this and type in the interface name.

You can find this information in our online help on the main page from the image processing filter. You find links for your favorite development enviroment at the bottom of the page.

I hope this solve your problem.

Regards
Bernd