PDA

View Full Version : Trial version error: IC Imaging Control is not licensed to be used on your computer

Unregistered
July 20, 2005, 01:06:08
Hi

I have downloaded and installed "IC Imaging Control Trial Version 2.1". I use the compiler "Standard Visual C++ .NET 2003" and the webcam "Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000" and have followed the instruction in the manual:

Component Users Guide > Programmer's Guide > First Steps Visual Studio .NET 7.1

I have compiled and linked the program without any errors. But when I run the program I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in imagingcontrol.dll

Additional information: IC Imaging Control is not licensed to be used on your computer!

Why do I not have a lincense to run the Trial version it has 59 days left ??

What can I do to solve the problem?

Regards Henrik

Stefan Geissler
July 20, 2005, 14:57:23
IC Imaging Control .NET in a C++ managed code project

If you try to use IC Imaging Control .NET in a C++ managed Windows Forms project, you will get a license exception. C++ in Visual Studio 2003 does not provide as much support for the .NET component licensing process as C# or VB.NET. In fact, the licenses file for a licensed control and binding it to the executable is not supported. You have to do this yourself. Below are the steps you should take:

1. Open a Visual Studio 2003 command prompt

2. Change directory to your project folder (licenses.licx must be in this folder)

3. Open the file "licenses.licx" in a text editor and remove the text ", "Version=2.1.110.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" from the file's content. The only text in this file must be "TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl, ImagingControl". Save the file "licenses.licx".

4. Run the following command to generate the licenses file:

lc /target:[your exe filename.exe] /complist:licenses.licx /i:[your IC Imaging Control installation folder]\ImagingControl.dll

5. This generates a file called .licenses in the project folder

6. In Visual Studio, right click on the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties > Linker > Input > Embed Managed Resource File and enter the filename of the .licenses file.

When you rebuild the solution the .licenses file will be embedded in the .exe manifest and the component should be able to read it at runtime.