PDA

View Full Version : Explorer crashes when selecting captured files

Unregistered
June 24, 2005, 15:42:12
Hi,

I am currently working on a project which includes capturing videos from a raw data cam (Sony XCD-X710CR).
So I created the controls for capturing files just like it is explained in the help files and it works fine: the file is created.
The problem is that when I just select the file in windows explorer, the explorer crashes with an error message saying something like "explorer.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed". When opening the avi-file in windows media player, the video is shown correctly, but on closing WMP, the same error message appears now saying that wmp encountered a problem and must be closed. It seems to me that it has something to do with the information (like resolution, duration...) usually shown in the explorer task bar. But the information popup when hovering over the file is shown correctly.

Do you have any idea what might be the reason for this? I would be very glad if you could help me!

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Stefan Geissler
June 24, 2005, 16:00:39
Andreas,

May be you should use another codec and another video format.

gehho
June 27, 2005, 09:10:59
I don't think this is the problem because I didn't choose a codec, but used "RGB24" instead. The error even occurs when using the example capture tool (with or without codec).

Any further ideas?

Thank you very much!
gehho (formerly known as "Unregistered" :) )

Stefan Geissler
June 27, 2005, 09:33:04
Hello,

i did the same with the same camera on my Windows XP SP2 and it works.
I am able to select the avi file, the first image of the avi file is shown in the explorer.

You may should reinstall DirectX on your computer, may be there is something damaged.