PDA

View Full Version : MV Network Renderer/Source

babum
June 17, 2005, 16:35:03
Hi there,

I Find these two filters very helpful to transfer stream over the network. Every thing seams to work fine when you create them manually using either GrapEdt.exe or Montivision workbench. The only problem I can find is that the MV Network renderer filter has to be run after the connection has been made with the MV Network source at the client side, otherwise I get a distorted image. I have also noticed that it works fine all the time only if the stream contains I Frames only. I need to create a Filter Graph with a MV Network Renderer and let it run indefinitely without interruption, at the other side we have an application dynamically generating a filter graph with the MV Network Source and run by the client discretion. How can we get transparency in the transmission ? What does the MV Network Renderer do when its filter graph run command is triggered and what does it not do when it's actually running.

Thanks,

Irondog
June 22, 2005, 03:46:34
Hey ther,
Wish I can help you with you'r problem there but I'm basicly a noob. this is my 1st time in the forum and I'm just looking for info on getting Started. Maybe some advice as to witch forum on this site wouold be a good so I,m buggin peeps about noob probs, lol. Well if you can help me in that direction, I'm sure someone will come alopng and do the same for you if you don't figure it out for yourself. But, good luck MV seems like a pretty good prog. I just happend apon it, and sofar i'ma diggin it...

babum
June 22, 2005, 15:00:46
What do need to know about ?

Marc Cymontkowski
August 24, 2005, 22:04:46
Hi,

both points are correct.

First, for now the MV network filters do work with I-Frame video only. The MV MJPEG filters are the best addition to the network filters at the moment. We plan to change this by supporting TCP connection in addition to the current UDP connection.

Second issue, the MV Network Source doesn't act on stream format changes while it is running. This is also on the list, but i can't say when those features will be implemented.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski