PDA

View Full Version : vb .net image delay

ramoe
June 7, 2005, 11:47:21
I am developing an application in VB .net and when I run my filter graph in the Montivision workbench the renderer displays around 10 fps but in my VB application I get 4 to 6 fps. I tested the VB delay in a simple while loop to process an image with and without the trigger and with and without image display. Does anyone know how I can get the actuaul Montivision workbench frame rate?

Stefan Geissler
June 7, 2005, 13:33:12
Hello,

What are you doing in the image processing? Image processing in VB.NET is very slow, expecially, if every pixel is processed. The managed code of .NET performs many tests, whether all data are correct. This needs a lot of time. C# knows an "unsafe" section for this.

How do you display the live video? Without any processing IC Imaging Control should display the live video with are very small delay.

ramoe
June 7, 2005, 13:50:54
The actual image processing is done in my filter graph. VB is only accessing the results of the filter graph. The averageSyncOffset time of the renderer is ~ .240 ms, which is the average time delay I'm experiencing. My application does not require that I display the video. I replaced the video renderer with the null renderer and I think it is faster but the null renderer does not have any quality properties that I can look at to compare performance. Can I create a graph without a renderer.

Stefan Geissler
June 7, 2005, 14:51:27
I think, you are not working with IC Imaging Control but with Montivision. Therefore you should post here: http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13
again.