PDA

View Full Version : questions about CS8550DiF camera

Unregistered
June 4, 2005, 03:52:52
I have a few questions about this camera:

1) I am unable to adjust shutter setting in either your IC Capture or IC Capture Teli. In fact, in IC Capture Teli, the camera is not recognized by the software (although it is in your IC Capture). How can I get the shutter adjustment functional and allow recognition in IC Capture Teli?

2) The operation manual says that the shutter is adjusted in 8 steps in normal, non-triggered mode. However, the most sensitive shutter speed I see for either mode is 1/60 sec. Is there no way to further decrease shutter speed (to 1/30, 1/15, etc) in non-triggered mode? I tried changing fps rates to 30 and 15 fps, but no shutter effect.

3) What type of input device provides a "trigger" voltage. I have never run into this before, having always used cameras without a trigger and internally adjusted only.

Thanks,
Bill

Stefan Geissler
June 6, 2005, 09:42:26
Bill

1) I am unable to adjust shutter setting in either your IC Capture or IC Capture Teli. In fact, in IC Capture Teli, the camera is not recognized by the software (although it is in your IC Capture). How can I get the shutter adjustment functional and allow recognition in IC Capture Teli?

This may is a driver problem. Please send a request to support@imagingcontrol.com , so i can send you an update

2) The operation manual says that the shutter is adjusted in 8 steps in normal, non-triggered mode. However, the most sensitive shutter speed I see for either mode is 1/60 sec. Is there no way to further decrease shutter speed (to 1/30, 1/15, etc) in non-triggered mode? I tried changing fps rates to 30 and 15 fps, but no shutter effect.

No. There are only the shutter speeds, that are listed in the manual.

3) What type of input device provides a "trigger" voltage. I have never run into this before, having always used cameras without a trigger and internally adjusted only.

You can use a e.g. standard frequency generator. The camera uses a TTL level and reacts on the rising or falling edge of the signal.