PDA

View Full Version : Heap errors

kiske
May 26, 2005, 15:19:28
Hi,

I've another problem....
First of all I solved my previous Issue (STLPort) compiling my project with dinkumware too (the one shipped with VS6).

The problem is now when I try to create a new AviSink object....
When I call the costructor (I've tried the various default constructors) I get the "user break point called" error, and in the debug window I get the "Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap" error message...

The strange thing is that compiling the samples all works good.... I've tried to cut and paste the code from the samples, but I get the same error.... I've tried to execute the samples from the same folder as my exe, so I don't think it's a problem of the wrong dll's linked....

Any clue?

Thanks,

Juri

Stefan Geissler
May 27, 2005, 11:19:01
Juri,

First of all I solved my previous Issue (STLPort) compiling my project with dinkumware too (the one shipped with VS6).
Congratulations!!

RTLValidateHeap() errors occur, if you use a mix of release and debug dlls. The debug DLL write some more information on the heap as the release ones.

kiske
May 28, 2005, 21:38:16
Originally posted by Stefan Geissler
Juri,

Congratulations!!

RTLValidateHeap() errors occur, if you use a mix of release and debug dlls. The debug DLL write some more information on the heap as the release ones.

I've checked, but it doesen't seem that I link debug with release dlls....
I've solved the problem passing to the AviSink constructor a std::string instead of a char* string...

Bye

Juri