PDA

View Full Version : MVTextOverlay

Unregistered
May 26, 2005, 12:15:28
Hi,

I have a video feed into my application which is being recorded. When I hit a start button a stopwatch timer is triggered, I need to associate this start event with the current video frame. Any ideas how I could achieve this?

I was thinking of putting a text overlay on my filtergraph so the time (down to milliseconds) is being displayed. Can I do this i.e. update the text shown by the text overlay every set amount of milliseconds?

If this is achieveable it will work visually but once the video is recorded I need to be able to jump to specific frames within the video based on the stopwatch time provided. Any ideas?

This is a really pressing issue so urgent answers are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

T

Bernd Peretzke
May 27, 2005, 12:04:49
Hi T,

Originally posted by Unregistered
[B]Hi,

I have a video feed into my application which is being recorded. When I hit a start button a stopwatch timer is triggered, I need to associate this start event with the current video frame. Any ideas how I could achieve this?

You can count the videoframes on a MV_ALGORITHM_START_EVENT event from a filter. Or you can use the MV Filter SDK to create a filter to do this task.

I was thinking of putting a text overlay on my filtergraph so the time (down to milliseconds) is being displayed. Can I do this i.e. update the text shown by the text overlay every set amount of milliseconds?

Yes, I think this shouldn't be a problem.

If this is achieveable it will work visually but once the video is recorded I need to be able to jump to specific frames within the video based on the stopwatch time provided. Any ideas?

Use the IMVSCMediaSeeking interface to move within the video files. Take a look at the AVIPlayer sample.

Regards
Bernd