PDA

View Full Version : Tigger

ewatson
May 19, 2005, 14:51:08
I need to capture images from 6 Sony XCD-X710 simultaneously. Can you describe a method to capture the simultaneous images through the Image Control SDK? Once the image buffers have been captured they will be passed to routines for processing.

I would like to avoid using the external trigger if at all possible.

Stefan Geissler
May 19, 2005, 16:36:31
Depending on what you want:

If you use a very low frame rate, then you can connect the camera using a hub to one FireWire bus. Then the cameras will synchronize automatically. If you use 6 cameras, then the maximum frame rate must be 1,875 fps. See here: http://www.1394imaging.com/resources/backgnd/1394/video_bandwidth

Then you need 6 IC Imaging Control controls on your form. You may compare the sample times of the image buffers, to check whether the frames have been taken simultaneously. This is not a simple problem, if you do not use a trigger. I never tested this, so i can't give you very good hints.

ewatson
May 19, 2005, 16:46:39
The configuration is 3 PCI Bus FireWire cards with 2 cameras per card. The frame rate is set at 15 fps with a resolution of 1024 x 768 Mono. I can email you code snippet later today to show you my present configuration.

My employer is hesitant on installing a hardware trigger so I need to explore available methods within the SDK.

What is the email address to send the code snippet to?

Stefan Geissler
May 19, 2005, 17:54:42
Hello,

the e-mail address is support@imagingcontrol.com.

But i think in this configuration it is very hard to synchronize the cameras, because they are not synchronized with each other through the FireWire bus.

Using the time stamps of the images is not very exact. I think, using an external trigger would be suitable.
If your cameras have an exposure out connector, you could use this as trigger input for the other five cameras.

You should have a look into the cameras manual for the specification of the signals.