PDA

View Full Version : hu moments

fjalmendrote
May 4, 2005, 13:19:02
Hi!

I'm trying to do a person tracker, and I don't know how to retrieve the hu moments of a person in different situations. I mean, I want to track people in places where they can be in many different situations like in a street, a square, etc.

I have tried to retrieve the hu moments using the Blob Finder but is very difficult due to the different false alarms detected. I wanted to know if there is an approximate value table for hu moments for detecting persons, or any other solution.

Thank you,

Javi Almendrote

Bernd Peretzke
May 4, 2005, 13:53:37
Hi,

I think hu moments are not a good solution for person traking. We use the moments to detect a contour and the contour of a person isn't very constant.

Regards
Bernd

fjalmendrote
May 4, 2005, 13:58:10
Thank you for your attention!

However, do you know some tecnique to do what I want using your SDK? Or there isn't appropiate filters actually to do this?

Tanks for your response anyway!

Marc Cymontkowski
May 4, 2005, 15:16:31
Hi,

there is no filter especially designed for people tracking as this is a very special surveillance task. Anyway, there are some filters that are useful for this, e.g. MV Advanced Optical flow for motion segmentation or MV Fast Color filter for filtering skin colors.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski