PDA

View Full Version : MV MediaSeeking

Unregistered
May 3, 2005, 11:46:58
Hi

I am trying to use the MV Media Seeking active x component within Delphi on windows XP. None of the functions defined within the help guide for this component are returning results i.e. getDuration, getCurrentPosition, setposition etc. I have a MVSetFile component producing similar behaviour. Any ideas?

Furthermore within my monti development kit, when I add a AVI/Wav Source component I cannot change the File value either in code or manually i.e. the properties value on the context menu is disabled.

Note my dev kit is not registered as yet, the logo has moved to the centre of my rendering components implying I have had the kit for a while. Do the functions of the active x components also get disabled in this instance?

I should be recieving a time limted license in due course - will this fix my problems?

Thanks,

G

Bernd Peretzke
May 3, 2005, 16:33:43
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hi

I am trying to use the MV Media Seeking active x component within Delphi on windows XP. None of the functions defined within the help guide for this component are returning results i.e. getDuration, getCurrentPosition, setposition etc. I have a MVSetFile component producing similar behaviour. Any ideas?

You can use the SeekingAvailable property to check if media seeking is possible. Seeking is available for video files if the decoder/splitter supports media seeking. What kind of media files you want to use?

Please check if the filter graph is completly rendered with the File->Connect to Graph... command from the MV Workbench.

Furthermore within my monti development kit, when I add a AVI/Wav Source component I cannot change the File value either in code or manually i.e. the properties value on the context menu is disabled.

The properties menu is only enabled if the filter provides property pages for configuration. The Async. File Source filter provides no property pages. You can set the file only once after creation of this filter.

Use the MV SMart Control IMVSCSetFile::SetSourceFile() method before loading the mvp file with the Smart Control. Look at the AVI Player samples for more information.

Note my dev kit is not registered as yet, the logo has moved to the centre of my rendering components implying I have had the kit for a while. Do the functions of the active x components also get disabled in this instance?

I should be recieving a time limted license in due course - will this fix my problems?

No, it only hides the logo and disables any other limitations from the development kit during the time limit.

Regards
Bernd