PDA

View Full Version : Capturing/Recording AVI & Frame Rates

Unregistered
May 1, 2005, 13:11:37
Hi,

I am trying to store my video feed to an avi file using the standard MV Recording MVP setup as defined in the help guide. I am seeing the video feed render ok however when I try to open the associated AVI file windows media player gives an uknown error. Other avi files work ok.

Also I have used your motion detection MVP to capture some video. When I open this with Windows media player it runs at a far quicker rate of frames i.e. the video looks like it is running in fast forward. How do I prevent this?

Thanks,

G

fjalmendrote
May 2, 2005, 07:25:13
Hi!

To solve your second problem, I recommend you to link the MV Motion Detector to the MV Recording Filter, and use the option "Use time stamps from input stream" in teh properties sheet.

I hope this could be useful for you.

Javi Almendrote

evo
May 3, 2005, 16:07:30
Javi,

Thanks for your reply that change has sorted my second issue. Im still having problems playing the avi files that are written in windows media player.

I am trying to achieve a filter graph that simply records avi from a camera source and renders it at the same time.

I am also trying to achieve a filter graph that simply renders a user selected avi avi file.

If anyone has any pointers it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

E

Bernd Peretzke
May 3, 2005, 16:46:19
Originally posted by evo
Javi,

Thanks for your reply that change has sorted my second issue. Im still having problems playing the avi files that are written in windows media player.

I am trying to achieve a filter graph that simply records avi from a camera source and renders it at the same time.

I am also trying to achieve a filter graph that simply renders a user selected avi avi file.

If anyone has any pointers it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

E

Hi E,

For recording create a graph like this:

[video source]->[---------- ]->[Video Renderer]
...................... [MV Splitter]
...................... [----------- ]->[Encoder]->[AVI Mux]->[File Writer]

For playback load the video file into the workbench (File->Open Media File) and use that graph.

[File Source(Async.)]->[Avi Splitter]->[Decoder]->[Video Renderer]

Look at the AVI player samples for more information how to play avi files with the MV Development Kit components.

You do not have to use a video encoder/decoder and it is better to create the playback graph without decoder for your application. Then you can playback video files with different encoded content, like the AVI player sample.

Regards
Bernd

brow0833
May 30, 2006, 23:02:58
Look at the AVI player samples for more information how to play avi files with the MV Development Kit components.

It would sure be nice to have an AviPlay sample for C++.

Andy