PDA

View Full Version : tColorformatEnum enumerations "undeclared identifier"

bitsnbites13
April 14, 2005, 14:06:33
When I try to use newMemBufferCollection(), the compiler returns " 'eRGB24' undeclared indentifier".

A sample line:
m_dlg -> m_buf1Collection1 = m_dlg -> m_grabber -> newMemBufferCollection(RGB24MEM, eRGB24, m_frames);

RGB24MEM is a constant (640*480*3).

I have successfully used newMemBufferCollection() where I specify my own buffers, but without specfying the color format.

Note that the memBufferCollection sample also fails compilation if I try to use a color format enumeration variant for the collection allocation.

What gives?

BTW thanks for the response for my other post.

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
April 14, 2005, 15:33:35
Hello

you need you use the name space DShowLib. You may write:
using namespace DShowLib;
at top your CPP or you can use it directly:
DShowLib::eRGB24

bitsnbites13
April 14, 2005, 17:11:12
I inserted the namespace declaration. The enums are now found but I now have this error:

DShowLib::Grabber::newMemBufferCollection
(SIZE,DShowLib::tColorformatEnum, DWORD)const: cannot convert parameter 2 from 'DShowLib::tColorformatEnum' to 'SIZE'.

No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous.

Once again I'm stomped!

Help!

Thanks
:confused:

Stefan Geissler
April 15, 2005, 09:57:25
Hello,

The type SIZE, that is the first parameter of some of the newMemBufferCollection implementations is a struct, not a single DWORD or int:

windef.h:
typedef struct tagSIZE
{
LONG cx;
LONG cy;
} SIZE, *PSIZE, *LPSIZE;

So the first parameter you pass (RGB24MEM) is interpreted as DWORD and the following implementation is tried to be used by the compiler:

tMemBufferCollectionPtr newMemBufferCollection( DWORD buffersize,
BYTE* buffers [],
DWORD count ) const;

This does not match to your parameters anyway. You can solve your problem in two ways:

SIZE ImageSize;
ImageSize.cx = 640;
ImageSize.cy = 480;
Grabber::tMemBufferCollectionPtr pMemBuffColl = grabber->newMemBufferCollection( ImageSize, DShowLib::eRGB24, m_frames );

Or much more easier, after you have assigned the frame grabber sink:

grabber->setSinkType( FrameGrabberSink( FrameGrabberSink::tFrameGrabberMode::eSNAP, DShowLib::eRGB24 ) );

Grabber::tMemBufferCollectionPtr pMemBuffColl = grabber->newMemBufferCollection(m_frames );

This creates the correct buffer size, because the grabber already knows the video format and the color format in memory.

bitsnbites13
April 15, 2005, 13:01:22
For some reason I did not clue in that the SIZE parameter was a windows definition, although I did use it in other GDI+ applications.

I had a mindset that this was ClassLib object. Duhh...

Thanks for all the help.
:cool: