PDA

View Full Version : Can not disable auto shutter in program

Igor
April 1, 2005, 15:25:26
Hi,
I have 2 Sony cameras connected and working in trigger mode. Sometimes (as if at random) when you connect the two cameras, the first one enables its auto exposure. No matter where I put the code inside my program to disable the auto exposure on both cameras the camera still has auto exposure enabled.

Here's the flow of my program:
1. OpenDev
2. SetSinkType(DShowLib::FrameGrabberSink::tFrameGrab berMode::eGRAB, DShowLib::eRGB24)
3. SetVideoFormat
4. Create and Set memory buffers
5. Using CSimplePropertyAccess (initialized) set almost all the auto features to false by using setAuto(false), then set the left camera parameters to equal to the right camera parameters.
6. setExternalTrigger(true)
7. startLive(false)

All of the steps are done for each camera. Then after I start the cameras live I do a check to see if the auto settings are truly disabled. The auto exposure isn't sometimes. I then can use VCD Property Inspector.exe which came with your software package to set auto to false on one camera and then my software works ok. What am I doing wrong/different from VCD Property Inspector which can set the auto to false every time.

I've also tried to startLive() without triggering, setAuto(false), stopLive, setExternalTrigger(true), startLive(). Nothing works.

Thanks for the help.

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2005, 15:31:29
Hello Igor

Sometimes, it needs a little time, until the camera has send the updated parameters back.
If you have set the automatic for exposure to false and if you have been able to enable the trigger successfully, that means the trigger works, then exposure automatic has been disabled successfully.
What are types of your SONYs?

Igor
April 1, 2005, 15:38:45
The cameras are sony DFW-X700 at this point, later DFW-X710.

I don't think it's a time delay because then if I try to set the shutter speed using a slider in my program, one of the cameras shutter changes and the other camera's shutter doesn't (because it has the Auto enabled).

As I mentioned, the "solution" is then to quite my program, run VCD Property Inspector and disable that auto setting, restart my program and everything works.

Stefan Geissler
April 4, 2005, 08:52:18
Hello Igor,

If you plan to distribute your program, it is not a good idea to use the property inspector for setting the camera parameters.

In my opinion, you should set all parameters directly from your program. This will also avoid possible problems using it in the future. You may zip and send your project to support@imagingcontrol.com, so i could have a look on it.