PDA

View Full Version : DshowlibException occured

glhermite
March 10, 2005, 13:48:24
Dear Johannes and Stephan,

We are using a sony XCD910 and a software written in VB6.

The current chain of Camera/drivers/components/software is the following :

- camera : Sony XCD910
- Driver for the Camera: SonyXCD_SX910 v2.20E (as installed from the tis_sony_dcam_trial_3.1.47_tis.zip file)
- Driver for the IEEE card (is this important ?) : the OHCI compatible controler from Microsoft
- VB componant : IC Imaging control 1.41 (it has created a sub-menu DCAM in which we can find samples of codes to be tested).
- Then our program in VB6.

Everything went nicely until the PC get a virus attack (Blaster worm).

Since then, we alway obtain the same error message when trying to use our software : An unexpected DShowLibException occured CFiltergraph::: connect (Cpin&src, Cpin&dest, Const (Videoformat&) : no intervening filter found.
In file: C:\Csource\core\DshowLib\Filtergraph.cpp at line 299).
My worry comes from the fact I also has the same error when running the "sample/simple" program I can find in ICImagingControl 1.41 / DCAM / DCAM Demo (both C++ Class Library and the Visual Basic).

Furthermore, re-installing all the drivers (TIS / Imaging Control / Direct X) from their original source had no effect on the error.

Installing the unibrain driver for the camera, as well as the fire-i application works and show the camera is working ok.

Do you have any clue on what file or driver could have been corrupt by the worm ? Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

(and sorry if this mail should have been addressed to the C mail-list)...

Stefan Geissler
March 10, 2005, 16:41:47
Hello,

The driver should normally not be affected by a worm. I suggest to use another color depth of the desktop to see, whether it is only a color conversion problem.
If this not helps, please send a request to support@imagingcontrol.com. I will send you a registry key that allows to write a debug out to a file, so we can see, what filters are used.

glhermite
March 10, 2005, 17:05:16
Playing with the color depth of the display could have been a good idea, but it does not work better.
Furthermore, I have checked the color depth on another running machine (not infected) and it was the same on both machine.

I will send my request to support@imagingcontrol.com, then.

Wait for your magic module.

At least, thanks for the speed of your answer.

Guillaume.