PDA

View Full Version : Problems with some video capture cards

mbassols
February 22, 2005, 14:30:35
Hi,
Were having problems using Montivision SDK and an AverMedia Argus Capture card. If we use GraphEdit the problem repeats,so we suppose that the capture card is not full compatible DirectShow.
Could you recommend us a vide capture card to work with your libraries ( 4 inputs, each one at 25/30 fps). The classsic AverMedia ( just one input) works but we are developing new features using the Argus for 4 independent video sources.
And another question:
where can we get the filter to change the output file without stopping the graph?
Thanks in advance

Bernd Peretzke
March 1, 2005, 09:20:45
Hi,

What kind of problems you have with the AverMedia Argus Capture card? Maybe you could ask the manufacturer for full DirectShow support. Does any other DirectShow capture software works with this card, e.g. the AMCap sample?

For your second question please send a mail to sales@montivision.com the get more information.

Regards
Bernd

mbassols
March 3, 2005, 15:41:35
Only works the preview pin,the capture pin is not rendering frames. I suppose that the acquisition layer is not compatible WDM. The manufacturer is not giving me sofware assistant for company policy. Im trying new capture cards ( Euresys an Advantech). I just wanted to know if you had some capture cards certified for working with Montivison.

Marc Cymontkowski
March 11, 2005, 20:01:11
Hi,

We did successfully test a lot different cards, mainly based on BT8x8 chip, from different vendors like The Imaging Source http://www.1394imaging.com/products/interfaces/, Hauppauge, IEI and others.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski