PDA

View Full Version : Labview Bitmap problem

Jatinder
February 21, 2005, 04:34:59
hi folks,
Can anybody help me with this problem:
I am using IC_GRAB_IMAQ to grab a picture and trying to save it in bitmap format.
I am showing the picture on front panel and saving it using IMAQ write file. The problem is that some of the pictures that are saved ( and also shown on front panel) are cropped from the top. This is does not happen with all pictures but with only some of the them. The top part which is cropped is all white.
The same problem shows up if I use IC_GRAB_PICTURE vi and try to save it using Picture_to_pixmap and writeBMP vi's of Labview.
Can anybody help me with this problem.
Thank you
Jatinder

Tim Cassens
February 21, 2005, 15:24:16
Hello,

which video capture device are you using?
Do you start live mode before grabbing the images?

Have you ever encountered that kind of disturbed images with another video capture application (such as IC Capture)?

Best regards
Tim Cassens

Jatinder
February 21, 2005, 18:17:26
hi Tim
Thanks for replying.
I am using DMK 21 F04 camera and tried grabbing images both from live mode and still mode. I get problem with both ways. The problem with live mode may be explained but I can't understand it in still mode. I have no problem of this disturbed images when I use IC Capture.
Thank you
Jatinder Saini

Tim Cassens
February 22, 2005, 12:06:11
Hello Jatinder,

could you please send me the "smallest reproducing sample VI" along with maybe an example image to support@imagingcontrol.com?

PS: There is no such thing as 'still mode'. When you do not start live mode before grabbing, it is automatically started and stopped again when you actually grab. This will make the grabbing process slower, but allows the usage of multiple cameras 'at the same time', while they would not run parallel in live mode because of bandwidth limitations.

Jatinder
February 23, 2005, 00:14:15
hi Tim.
Thanks for the information.
I am attaching the VI that I am using for grabbing and saving images.
with regards
Jatinder

Jatinder
February 23, 2005, 00:18:16
This is a sample image that I saved using the VI.

Tim Cassens
February 25, 2005, 13:03:06
Thank you.
I will have a look at it.