PDA

View Full Version : How to Recognize New Shape Type

Unregistered
February 19, 2005, 15:48:19
Hi,

First I must really say this is the best solution I've found so far on the net on blob analysis. I'm trying to use MontiVision to do some blob shape recognition.

On the evaluation SDK, I don't seem to be able to add new shape types for the recognition. By default, the MV Blob Counter block has some built in shapes like rectangle, circle, elipse and square etc.

How can I add in a triangle for example? There doesn't seem to be documentation of how to use the Load, Save, Export buttons as well.

Can anyone help? Would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
Gab
gabriyel@gmail.com

Bernd Peretzke
February 21, 2005, 15:05:49
Hi,

to add a new shape you have to set the filter parameter for the new shape and save the filter settings with the save-button. To get the hu parameter for a shape create a filter graph with an image of the shape and the MV Blob Finder Filter. Disable the hu filter from contour filter page and enable the hu value calculation and drawing function. The output image contains the hu values from the shape. If the image contains more than one blob use the size filter to select the right blob.
Now, you can set the hu rage for the blob in the contour filter page. The first and second hu invariants are the most important values.

The Load and Save function from the MontiVision filters loads/saves the filter configuration in the windows registry with the entered name. The export function save these registry values into a *.reg file.

Regards
Bernd