PDA

View Full Version : FirstStep problem

Unregistered
January 27, 2005, 23:56:22
Hello.
I downloaded the v2.1 control today.
Looks great...
For reference IC Capture Trial and VCD Property Inspector both work great with my Sony DCR-TRV320 Digital8. DemoApp.exe works perfect too (original install and recompiled).

Unfortunately, I am having difficulty with FirstStep, the first app in the programmer's guide.
Although VCDPropertyItems gives a good preview of the video stream, running the program gives the same error under C# and VB.Net:

An unhandled exception of type 'TIS.Imaging.ICException' occurred in imagingcontrol.dll

Additional information: Video format is invalid

This occurs in the icImagingControl1 block of code, specifically when the LiveDisplay* methods are called..

any advice would be appreciated...

//
// icImagingControl1
//
this.icImagingControl1.DeviceState = "<device_state libver=\"2.0\" filemajor=\"1\" fileminor=\"0\">\n <device name=\"Microso" +
"ft DV Camera and VCR\" base_name=\"Microsoft DV Camera and VCR\">\n <videofor" +
"mat>YUY2 (88x60)</videoformat>\n <vcdpropertyitems />\n </device>\n</devi" +
"ce_state>\n";
this.icImagingControl1.ImageRingBufferSize = 5;
this.icImagingControl1.LiveDisplayDefault = false;
this.icImagingControl1.LiveDisplayHeight = 60;
this.icImagingControl1.LiveDisplayWidth = 88;
this.icImagingControl1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(24, 24);
this.icImagingControl1.Name = "icImagingControl1";
this.icImagingControl1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(720, 480);
this.icImagingControl1.TabIndex = 0;

mal11
January 28, 2005, 17:21:27
the previous Unregistered post was from me.
some additional details:

I found the instructions for the VB6 control in the
bin\ directory. The VB6 control works great.
I have an app running right now with simultaneous display from a miniDV and a digital8 camcorder.

Unfortunately, neither camera will work with the .NET component due to the exception thrown.

i would prefer to be working C#, so any help would be appreciated

mlewis

mal11
January 28, 2005, 20:39:48
i've isolated the problem. i believe it is a conflict between the .NET Component and Visual Studio .NET 2003 IDE.
If you follow the instructions for FirstStep, you will click on VCDpropertyItems for icImagingControl1.
This will somehow invoke a preview of video stream.
This work fines; however, your program will throw exceptions when you start it in the IDE. Throwing in a few MessageBoxen, you will find that although icImagingControl1.Devices[0] is
"Microsoft DV Camera and VCR", icImagingControl1.VideoFormats.Length is 0,
so your device will never open. So somehow the IDE is preventing the component from returning valid video modes. This is true even if you close and reopen the IDE, so somehow this connection is persistant inside the Project.

Luckily, there is nothing wrong with the program.
If you close Visual Studio and run the Debug or Release .exe, you will find that the exception problem mysteriously disappears. Unfortunately, this does keep one from debugging inside the IDE.

mlewis

Stefan Geissler
February 2, 2005, 16:40:25
Hello,

We have tested this and are able to reproduce it with the "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" device driver. We tested the same steps with other video capture devices, but the error does not occur.
If your application opens the device with the built it device dialog of the component at runtime, no problem occurs.
We will fix this issue in version 3.0 of IC Imaging Control.