PDA

View Full Version : Hi Stefan

atul
November 29, 2004, 08:36:34
Dear Stefan,

can i ask you if you have some more help on motion detection for me ?

My status is that i am still not able to get results on Edge Detection Method.

currently i have implemented variance method for motion detection in my application. Its in testing phase as yet.

I would like to know if you have further help for me. A souce code will be a good help to me stefan. I am not expert in this field hence finding lots of things which are not known to me and difficult.

I would be highly obliged if you could suggest me something very useful to me.

thanks & regards,
stefan.

Stefan Geissler
November 29, 2004, 09:31:43
Hello Atul,

Sorry, but i had no time. What about using a small iris and long exposure time at low frame rate to avoid the flicker on the images? (Just an idea.) During the exposure a complete flicker period of you light should run through. This would give you constant lighted images. I think this is worth a test.

atul
November 29, 2004, 09:39:07
Hi Stefan,

what is iris?

could u please elaborate the statement - "...What about using a small iris and long exposure time at low frame rate to avoid the flicker on the images? ...."

thanks,
atul

Stefan Geissler
November 29, 2004, 09:45:05
Atul,

As far as i know, you problem is the flickering light. The light flickers in period from dark to bright. If you would use a long exposure time, that outlast the dark and bright state of your light, you would get an image with average brightness of both states. With this, you could use the first simple motion detection algorithm you have stated.
A long exposure time means that you would have to close the iris of your lens. This is just an idea. I did not test this.