PDA

View Full Version : Installing and running my app on another machine

Arjan
November 10, 2004, 17:39:55
Hi,

I made an application using the DFG/SV1 framegrabber and the IC C++ Class Library. The application runs well on my machine where I made the application.

I installed my application on an other machine where I also installed the framegrabber card and it's driver using drvIstaller.exe from the cd. I also copied the TIS_UDSHL05.dll and the TIS_DShowLib05.dll to the app's directory.

When I start my application I get the error "The OverlayBitmap filter (ovlip.ax) is either not installed or not registered" and the DShowLib::InitLibrary() function failed.

Did I forget something?

Stefan Geissler
November 11, 2004, 09:51:10
Arjan,

yes, it seems you have forgotten something (the filters). Have a look in "Distributing your application" in the users manual. In this chapter you will find a list of all needed files and a list of files, that must be registered. “register” means a call to “regsvr32.exe”
All filter files, the files with “ax” extension, are to be registered: medialsamplegrabber.ax, ovlip.ax and YUVTrans.ax. The YUVTrans.ax comes also with the DFG/SV1 driver.
Before you can register these files, the runtime DLLs as listed in the "Distributing your application" must reside on the target computer. If these files are missing, “regsvr32” will display the “Module not found” error message.

Arjan
November 11, 2004, 11:17:57
After installing all required MS DLL's and registering the filters my application runs well on the client machine, but only in black and white (while I have color on my develop machine).

Has this something to do with the codec adapter DLL's? (I didn't install them on the client machine).

Stefan Geissler
November 11, 2004, 11:48:20
Arjan,

You should check, whether your Videonorm matches to your camera.

Arjan
November 11, 2004, 12:16:29
On the client machine I use the same video source as on my develop machine, and on my develop machine I have colors, so the Videonorm should not be the problem.

Stefan Geissler
November 11, 2004, 12:18:59
If the camera hardware is the same, the difference is the software. You should check all settings. The videonorm PAL creats from the NTSC image a b/w image.
If saturation is set to 0, you get a b/w image. Please check all these settings.

Arjan
November 11, 2004, 13:30:26
I checked everything. The DemoApp was also B/W.
Problem was the video cable! I tried another one and the got the images in color. One pin was pressed down during inserting in the grabber card's socket.

Thanks for your help!