PDA

View Full Version : Detecting Motion in heavily changing lighting condition...

atul
November 1, 2004, 12:46:09
Hi Stefan,

I have received a second method on how to avoid motion detection in heavily lighting condition :

"...A better idea to detect motion in heavily changing lighting conditions would be to detect edges and check, whether the edges have been moved. You use a matrix like the following:
-1, -1,-1,-1,-1,0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Multiply each pixel of a line in your region of interest with this matrix. On positions with high contrast (edges) you will get a higher result value, than in positions with low contrast. You may save these positions and compare them with the next frame. This method is more independent from light than the other method ...."

I find the implementation difficult. kindly help me with the source code. I would be highly obliged by you if you could help me with the above implementation.

thanks & regards,
atul.

Stefan Geissler
November 1, 2004, 16:13:38
Hello Atul,

Please understand me, that i can not write the image processing algorithm for you. I can give you some ideas only. I think, you can search in the internet to find a matching sample.

atul
November 2, 2004, 06:54:51
Hello Stefan,

I understand Stefan. No problems. I will try to manage. I will implement the first logic you suggested me about the mean brightness calculation and see if i get success. If i have some problems or doubts, i will get back to you for your help.
I may send you the source code written in delphi and you please try to help me if i am going somewhere wrong.

thanks alot,

regards,
atul.