PDA

View Full Version : Two FW cameras again

eduard
October 11, 2004, 12:53:28
I would like to use two DFK31F03 cameras simultaneously. I have 1.41 version of your software. Both the cameras are connected via one Matrox Meteor II 1394 card. In the program, I have created two Grabbers. Each grabber has its own Listener. The Imaging source latest driver is installed for each of the cameras. The problem is that the program crashes after I call the startLive method for both the grabbers. I can work with both the cameras only in a following way:

grabber1->startLive(true);
grabber1->snapImages(n);
grebber1->stopLive();

grabber2->startLive(true);
grabber2->snapImages(n);
grabber2->stopLive();

I believe that I can have more live images on the screen. Could you advice me where is the problem? I have read the preceding discussion on two cameras. It seems that you may have some sample code. It would be very kind of you if you could send me such an example too. Many thanks. eduard

Stefan Geissler
October 11, 2004, 14:32:07
Hello Eduard,

there is not enough bandwith available on the FireWire to run both cameras parallel on one FireWire bus. See here:
http://www.1394imaging.com/resources/backgnd/1394/video_bandwidth

If frame rates are supported, use a lower frame rate to reduce the bandwidth allocation of the cameras.

You may use two FireWire boards on your computer.

eduard
October 11, 2004, 15:01:55
Hello Stefan, thank you for your hint. It's great, it works! It's nice to have such a support. Thanks again.
Regards, eduard