PDA

View Full Version : Resizing IC.ImagingControl Class.ctl +other problems in Labview

Tristan
September 20, 2004, 13:10:30
I'm facing the following problem, i want the IC.ImagingControl Class.ctl that is the white box where the live view is displayed in, i want that ctl to have a specifik height and widht for example 400*300. Can't seem to size it that way because if i resize it and save my work and then reload it, its again in its original size.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second problem that i have is the video format at 1280*960 so my live feed doesn't get fully in the IC.ImagingControl Class.ctl, and this isn't really impartant but what i want is the following i want the middle of the live feed in the middle of IC.ImagingControl Class.ctl.

The current situation:
Resolution 1280*960
IC.ImagingControl Class.ctl size 400x300

Now the middle of the live feed doesn't get displayed only the left top.

I want it to display the middle of the live feed in the middle of IC.ImagingControl Class.ctl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it should work with LiveDisplayTop and LiveDisplayLeft but i don't know the value's of these functions should have as input

I hope you partly understand it ;) because my english isn't so good, and its hard to explain my problem

Tristan
September 20, 2004, 13:40:52
i think i fixxed the second problem it has to be -330 for displaytop and -440 for displayleft

Stefan Geissler
September 20, 2004, 13:55:17
Hello Tristan,

The size of the control's window on your form is a Visual Basic problem. Please insert following code into your form_load sub:

Private Sub Form_Load()
ScaleMode = 3 ' Pixel
ICImagingControl1.Width = 400
ICImagingControl1.Height = 300
End Sub

This code makes sure, that the IC Imaging Control's window has the same size.

To display a part of the live video in your IC Imaging Control window, you must disable the LiveDisplayDefault property of IC Imaging Control. Then you can move the live video on the control's window:

Private Sub Form_Load()
ScaleMode = 3 ' Pixel

' Now set the start position and size of the live video
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayDefault = False

' Move upper left corner of the visible part of the live video
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayLeft = -100
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayTop = -75
End Sub

If you want to display the whole video image resized in your control's window, code following:

Private Sub Form_Load()
ScaleMode = 3 ' Pixel

' Now set the start position and size of the live video
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayDefault = False
' Size of the video tile to display:
'ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayHeight = ICImagingControl1.Height
'ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayWidth = ICImagingControl1.Width

' upper left corner of the visible part of the live video
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayLeft = 0
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayTop = 0
End Sub

Tristan
September 20, 2004, 14:03:05
where can i edit this.. i know what it does but i can't seem to find it what is the path of the file i need to edit

Private Sub Form_Load()
ScaleMode = 3 ' Pixel
End Sub

Stefan Geissler
September 20, 2004, 14:05:48
Tristan,

what programming language do you use?
The width and hight properties should be available in every programming language.

Tristan
September 20, 2004, 14:13:46
i'm using labview, and i can only adjust liveDisplayHeight and livedisplayweight

can't seem to find icimagincontrol1 height and weight

Stefan Geissler
September 20, 2004, 14:21:48
Tristan,

you are right. Labview seems to be a little strange, i am not able to find these properties too. But when i resize the control, save the vi and close Labview, the control has the size, i saved it . It is not resized again to a standard or video formats size.

How the control's window is displayed on the form, is handled by Labview. IC has no influence on that issue.

Tristan
September 20, 2004, 14:27:49
i don't get it at all, normally labview saves all custom resizes normally for example stop buttons and stuff like that, but only ICImagingControl seems not to work correctly :(

i'm using labview 7.1

do you recommend reinstalling the Labview extention?

Stefan Geissler
September 20, 2004, 14:30:21
Tristan,

In my opinion, reinstalling would not solve the problem.
Could you send me your VI to support@imagingcontrol.com so i could have a look on it?