PDA

View Full Version : Camera triggering

merlin
September 15, 2004, 18:25:44
Hello,

I want to set my firewire camera (SONY DFW-VL500) to external triggering mode. Triggering works perfectly under Linux, where I can access camera settings i.e. with Coriander software.

However, with Windows XP, the VCD Property Inspector does not report any triggering properties for the camera. Therefore, I also have no idea how triggering properties are accessed (VCDElement? Interface?). Unfortunately I could not find any sample concerning triggering issues.

Do triggering properties just not appear in the VCD Property Inspector, or are they unavailable with IC Imaging Control 2.0? Can you provide me with a sample that shows how to enable external triggering / how to change trigger polarity?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Geissler
September 16, 2004, 10:46:45
Hello,

I assume, you use the standard Windows DCam driver. This driver is not able to support trigger.

You need a specific DCam driver e.g. http://www.1394imaging.com/software

With DeviceTriggerAvailable method you check whether a trigger is available. With DeviceTrigger property you enable or disable the external trigger. Please remark, autoexposure must be disabled, if the external trigger is used.