PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Connect two FW Camera

webmice
September 13, 2004, 13:23:57
I would like connect 2 FW DMM Camera , But your sample "Demoapp" only found one , what's wrong ??

How Can I make it work ???

Stefan Geissler
September 13, 2004, 13:34:37
Hello,

you must install the Imaging Source driver for both cameras. If you only install the driver for one cameras, windows uses the standard DCam driver for the next camera, even if it is the same model. Windows differs between the cameras using the serial number of the cameras.

webmice
September 13, 2004, 14:15:21
the 2nd camera started thank you!!

I send my project to your mail account ,

I can start the 2nd camers , but the problem is both camera image mixed together , What can i do in listener ??

Please Help

Stefan Geissler
September 14, 2004, 07:20:47
Hello,

In the program we wrote together, we have a initialize method, that recieves the window handle of the window where to display the live video in. Just pass the handel of the second display window to this method.

webmice
September 14, 2004, 19:01:36
In Listener

I show "test.jpg" On live , I can do it with both cameras , But How can I do it only in singla Camer ??

For example :

I want show "test.jpg" in Camera 1 &
show "test2.jpg" in Camera 2 .

How can I do somthing with single camera ??
& How can I do another things in another camera ????

Thank you for your Help !!

Stefan Geissler
September 15, 2004, 07:30:50
Hello,

You have "test.jpg" hardcoded as name in the CListener class. You have the CListener class instantiated twice in an array with. Also you have two grabbers, one for each connected camera. You assgined CListener[0] to grabber 1 and CListener[2] to grabber 2. Now, both grabbers would save their images to one file named "test.jpg", because the CListener object has this name hardcoded and is not able to change it.
You should create a new member in your CListener class, that contains the name of the image to save to (CString type). When you assign the CListener to your grabber, you should assign the image name (test1.jpg and test2.jpg) to the image file name of your CListener class. Then each grabber would save the image in an own file name.

webmice
September 15, 2004, 07:38:41
Agree you point , But the problem is how can I know

Listener[0]
Listener[1]

Stefan Geissler
September 15, 2004, 08:33:12
Hello,

somewhere in your source code (Visiondoc.cpp starting at line 198) there are the listeners assigned to your grabber. There you can also assigne the file names for the images to save.

In you CListener class insert a new public member:
CString m_cFileName.

Then you only need to write
m_cListener[0].m_cFileName = "Test1.jpg"
m_cListener[1].m_cFileName = "Test2.jpg"

In CListener.cpp you only need to exchange "test.jpg" with m_cFileName.

webmice
September 15, 2004, 18:27:16
How can I Change it ??

Bitmap image(L"test.jpg");

m_cFileName replace "test.jpg" No work

????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Stefan Geissler
September 16, 2004, 09:20:24
Hello,

The "L" in front of the the string, means, that you use wchar (two bytes per character), also named unicode. You have now two way:
- find the Bitmap object in a non unicode library
- change the m_cFileName string to wchar