PDA

View Full Version : Problems Capturing .AVI using the ArcSoft Mpeg Writer Codec

pvanbuskirk
September 10, 2004, 19:40:57
Hello,

I have recently upgraded from v1.41 to v2.0 and am trying out the demo C# applications. I would like to develop my own application in C# that captures .AVI files.

First a word about my environment. I am on an HP Pavilion PC, using a regular LaCie Fire wire card. My OS is Windows XP Home, but I am unaware of my Service Pack status at the moment (most likely not all installed).

I am using the DFK31F03 Imaging Source camera.

The demo program "DemoApp" displays images on the screen flawlessly. However, when I capture AVI video with the ArcSoft Mpeg Writer codec, all that results is a 0 byte file with filename I specified. I have written my own application using the "Capturing an AVI File" instructions and I observe the same behavior with this particular codec.

Other codecs such as Intel and LEAD write files successfully to my disk.

I do not know what the source of the problem is, but this description should be sufficient to locate the flaw in capturing video with this codec.

Stefan Geissler
September 13, 2004, 11:14:06
Hello,

We did not test this codec, so we can not say, what it does. Normally MPEG codecs need an MPEG container to write the file. IC Imaging Control uses an AVI Container only, therefore the MPEG file has size 0.