PDA

View Full Version : video surveillance application

JohnWalsh
September 10, 2004, 16:02:19
Hi

I am developing a video surveillance application using 4 cameras and think that

montivision SDk might assist me in this job

I have a few questions

1) I assume i can use multiple cameras and multiple windows (ie 1 window per camera) for my app. I assume i can easily set which of my apps windows will display which video

2) Can i use montivision filters in DirectShow (ie load them up in Directshow
Filtergraph) and vise versa. (are montivision filters Fully functional Direct Show Filters

3) The biggest problem i have with my application is Stop/Start recording while
continuing to preview WITHOUT stopping the filter graph. Using Directshow i have to stop the filter graph when i want to start recording (or use muiltiple filtergraphs which is messy!)
I know i can use the Montivision Recorder filter to stop/start recording without
stopping the filtergraph. However it appears that the i record to the same VIFile (it functions more like a pause that stop/start).
Can i use the recorder filter to change the the AVi file name on the fly without
stopping the filtergraph?
If not is there a sequence of filters i can use to do this?

3) I would like to write my own filewriter/AVi mux filter that could assist me in
stop/start recording. (i could determine when i wanted to write the avi file and avi header) The direct show SDK has very little information on this.
IS there any montivision filters that i could use/derive from to help me write my own AVImuX /filewriter

4) if i purchase the SDK (or just a filter) i can develop application with this and
distribute the montivision filters free of charge with my deployed application?
________
STRAWBERRY COUGH (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/deep-chunk-x-strawberry-cough/deep-chunk-x-strawberry-cough)

Marc Cymontkowski
September 10, 2004, 18:19:26
Hi John,

Thanks for the clear questions.

1) Yes.
2) Yes, pure DirectShow filters.
3.a) Yes, MV Recording can start/stop only the recording while preview shows all time and yes, it stores everything to one file. We can provide a separate filter for for you which is able to change the file while the graph is started. It works in combination with the Recording filter, please contact support@montivision.com for further details.
3.b) Unfortunately not.
4) Yes.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

JohnWalsh
September 13, 2004, 10:38:08
Thanks you very much for your reply

3.a) Yes, MV Recording can start/stop only the recording while preview shows all time and yes, it stores everything to one file. We can provide a separate filter for for you which is able to change the file while the graph is started. It works in combination with the Recording filter, please contact support@montivision.com for further details.

Can you tell me more about this. Is this an existing filter you have?
How would it integrate onto the filter graph itself?
Can i change the filename as many times as i want while the file is running?
________
ST1300 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_ST1300)