PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

svoros
September 8, 2004, 17:33:00
Hello,

I have a problem using IC Imaging Control v1.41 with visual C++ :
I am able to create a new frame grabber and display images without problem when I execute my program in release configuration. However, when I execute it in debug configuration, I get an error, and the debugging gives me the following message :

HEAP[name.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 003F0000, 0037DCA0 )

I have read in previous posts that this could happen if I mixed the Classlib/Release and Classlib/Debug directories in my debug and release versions, but this is not the case, I made sure to do the following :
Release config->libpath=ICpath/ClassLib/Release
Debug config->libpath=ICPath/ClassLib/Debug

The error happens when I quit the function in which I create a frameGrabber and display a video. I made sure to delete all the pointers that I created in the function.

Would it be possible to help me solve this ?
Thank you

Stefan Geissler
September 9, 2004, 13:53:04
Hello,

You may should check, whether your apliction creates the code as "multithreaded DLL debug" and "multithreaded DLL".

svoros
September 9, 2004, 16:08:12
It is true that I was not in multithreaded dll but in multithreaded.

However, the code works with these settings when I execute it, it is only when I try to debbug that I have problems.

Other libs included in my VC++ project force me to keep the multithreaded runtime library, so I can't change to multithreaded dll.

Is there a solution to this, or am I forced to work in release version ?
Thank you

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2004, 13:33:36
Sorry,

but i see no other solution too.