PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "BacklightCompensation" and "Exposure" property

Henning
August 31, 2004, 14:51:26
Hello,

I have a problem using the "BacklightCompensation" property and the "Exposure" property.
In my application I enable the "BacklightCompensation" by setting it to "1". But when I manually change the value for the "Exposure" property (0-255) the "BacklightCompensation" seems to be switched off! Calling this property again right after changing "Exposure" doesn't have any effect at all.

Is there somebody who might help me with this?

Thanks a lot,

Henning

Stefan Geissler
September 1, 2004, 08:49:36
Hello,

is the value of the Backlight Compensation property after changing exposure set to 0 again, or is there only an optical effect?

Henning
September 2, 2004, 11:31:14
Hi Stefan,

If I read the value of "BacklightCompensation" right after changing the "Exposure" value I get a "1" which indicates that " BacklightCompensation" is still enabled. But there is no optical effect at all! I have two cameras "DFK 21F04" and I tried this with only one. The other one works correctly, if I place a dark piece of paper in front of the lens, the live video becomes brighter. However, the other one not after altering the "Exposure" value!

Greetings,

Henning

Henning
September 10, 2004, 10:53:43
OK, I got it! I just use the "Brightness" property instead the of the "Exposure" property...

Thanks,

Henning