PDA

View Full Version : Trouble compiling using trail version

Unregistered
August 30, 2004, 09:55:27
Hi,

I'm using the trail version of IC Imaging Control 2.0 with Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows XP. When I try to compile my project into an EXE-file, I get the following error massage:

License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

I get this massage even though I have several days left on my trail period. I wonder therefore if there is a fix for this problem or is it not possible to make a project using the trail version? Is it possible with the full version?

Best regards
Lars

Stefan Geissler
August 30, 2004, 11:56:04
Hello.

The trial version of IC Imaging Control can not be used to build an exe file in Visual Basic 6. This is a limitation of the trial version. The full version can be used
to create an exe file in Visual Basic.

qwe66
September 3, 2004, 14:09:29
I'm having the same problem, but I want to explain the whole problem:

I'm developing an application that use a video capture harware on a "Totem" based on an industrial PC, to be put into some estetic centers. My problem is that on that totem I cannot instal VB to try my software, so I must copile it. The other problem is that I have tryied multiple components, with this hardware, and some that seemed to work on my developing station when compiled and putted on the final product doesn't run anymore. So I do not want to pay for a product that could not to work for me.

Have some idea on how to resolve?

bye.

Stefan Geissler
September 3, 2004, 15:10:36
Hello,

I suggest to install the IC Imaging Control Trial version on the totem PC and try the compiled Sample Application (Visual Basic) that comes with the trial version. If this application runs (check the image setting too), your application should run too.

qwe66
September 3, 2004, 16:13:34
Sorry but in the sample dir I cannot find any compiled example, did you mean the "demoApp" that come into the main bin directory of the component?

If yes, the "demoApp" if build with Visual Basic?

Stefan Geissler
September 6, 2004, 07:42:10
Yes,

I thought about the exe files in the bin directory. In IC Imaging Control 1.41 they are available as Visual Basic and C++. The Visual Basic versions use the ActiveX.