PDA

View Full Version : Error while capture 2 videostreams simultaneously!!

Henning
August 20, 2004, 08:46:23
Hello,

I am working under LabVIEW 7 and have to control two FireWire Cameras "DFK 21F04".
Unfortunately I have a serious problem while capturing two streams simultaneously. I use the methods "AviStartCapture" then I wait for e.g. 10 seconds and then I call "AviStopCapture".
But it doesn't work well… Sometimes I get the error "-2146959355 Failed to start the server"
or "-2146828286 An unexpected DshowLibException occurred: CfilterGraph::connect ( Cpin& scr, Cpin& dest ) : failed to connect to the pins" other messages.

I have attached a little VI to demonstrate what I want to do. Normally I use a MJPEG Codec but I have changed it to the "Microsoft Video 1" because I don't know if all of you have this codec.

Perhaps some of you can help me with this!

Thanks a lot in advanced,

Henning

Tim Cassens
August 20, 2004, 10:43:35
How long does it take for that problem to occur with that demo vi?

At the first run?
After some minutes of capturing the files and then suddenly it hangs up?

I had it running for some minutes and did not experience a problem.

PS: That demo program seems to have a serious problem, as it is hanging in an infinite loop and does not respond to the buttons any more, especially the stop button. Event structure cases are only executed when the control flow reaches them, but you stay inside so they are blocked.

Henning
August 20, 2004, 11:16:40
Hi Tim,

thanks for your quick answer!
However, I found out what caused the problem on my PC.
It has a processor which supports Intels Hyperthread Technology but
LabVIEW doesn't seem to work with it... After I disabled it in the BIOS
the VI is running fine! What a silly problem!!
You are right with the infinite loop, but it was only a basic example. My "real" application doesn't have this error...!

Thanks,

Henning