View Full Version : LIve Video is grayscale !
August 11, 2004, 11:38:26
I have problem with video signal connected to DFG/SV1.
When I use LiveStart then the video live image is grayscale (perfect quality), but source device signal is with colors (I have analog monitor and videorecorder connected and there is all OK).
I tried all Inputchannels on DFG SV1 but it is still the same.
Can be this problem caused by other type of video signal (I'm connecting to Ultrasound device) ?
August 11, 2004, 12:26:09
There are a few possible reasons for this behaviour:
1) The video norm slected on the SV1 is not suitable for your device
2) The video format is a monochrome format.
3) There is aproblem with the cable (chroma channel in a S-video cable is broken).
I would like to know the following:
1) What kind of video norm is the output of the device?
2) Which video format was selected on the SV1
3) Which kind of cable are you using.
August 11, 2004, 15:04:30
1) I' tried all possible (but it is PAL_B)
2) I' tried all I need RGB24 768x576 or RGB32 768x576
3) I' tried CVBS (connected to Video channel 1 or 2) and S-VIDEO, the ultrasound device has both (the videorecorder is connected to S-VIDEO) and I'm connecting to videorecorder's S-VHS out which I tested with analog monitor and it gives color picture
August 12, 2004, 12:35:27
So you are saying that you have a PAL-B video source with a S_Video output and you connect the S-Video output to the grabber. Is this your setup ?
If you select an RGB video format on the grabber, you get a grayscale live image? Is that true?
What is the application you are using?
August 13, 2004, 20:47:45
I'm very sorry. It was my mistake because I didn't know settings of the ultrasound device.
Now it is working without any problems. There was a switch on the device whitch makes S-VIDEO output colored.
Thank you for your help.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.