PDA

View Full Version : Using IC imaging control with VXL

RPaulsen
July 14, 2004, 13:50:11
I am starting to develop a machine vision application. We are considering to buy an IEEE 1394 (Firewire) camera (probably Sony XCD-X710) from the imagingsource. Furthermore, we would like to a have SDK/API that can be used from C++, with some basic image manipulation algorithms already implemented.

I was thinking about using the IC Imaging Control to control the camera, but it does not have any image processing functionallity. A solution is perhaps to use VXL (http://vxl.sourceforge.net) for the image processing. My idea is to get the raw image data as demonstrated in the "MembufferCollection" sample (from ICTrial) and wrap that in a VXL image. This can be done without any memory copying. Then I can use the VXL image processing algorithms, and I can develop my own algorithms in C++ using the VXL syntax.

I would like to have your comments of this idea. Is it possible to use the MemBuffer this way?

Comments, ideas, and suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,
Rasmus

Stefan Geissler
July 14, 2004, 14:06:06
Ramus,

i have no experiences with VXL, but if you are able to use the pointer of the data in the membuffer in an VXL image, then your way should work.