PDA

View Full Version : MVMotionDetection & MVRecording

Unregistered
July 2, 2004, 13:27:40
Hello,
I'm trying to use MVMotionDetection filter whith MVRecording and I have a problem.

When graph stars, if I connect "motion out" pin from MVMotionDetection to "control pin" from MVRecording it starts recording. It detects movement at the begginig but nothing is moving.
If I connect "record out" pin from MVMotionDetection to "control pin" from MVRecording, it detects movement whe it starts the graph but MVRecording never records images. In the other hand, if I only connect "integer I/O rederers" to "record out" and "motion out" pins stays ok although it It detects movement at the begginig but nothing is moving.
do you know that it is happening? Why it starts recording if nothing is moving? Is the configuration of connections between MVMotionDetection and MVRecording ok?

thanks.

Marc Cymontkowski
July 5, 2004, 10:49:28
Hello,

There actually was a problem with the output pins of the motion detection filter. Please eMail support@montivision.com to get an updated version of the filter. We also have an updated version of MV Recording available.

MV Motion Detection I/O Pins:

1) Motion Out: Singals TRUE when motion is detected. The Motion Out signal is FALSE when the motion detection is disabled on the motion detection filter.

2) Record Out: Signals TRUE when motion is detected and as long as the recording postroll is active.
Record out is set to TRUE when the motion detection is disabled on the motion detection filter in order to offer best compatibility to the recording filter.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

rosello
July 5, 2004, 17:14:42
I have used this new filters. I have used "record" pin to finally connect it to a "file writter" and it seems not record. But when I connect to it's "output" pin a "renderer" filter, it records ok. If I remove the renderer, MVRecording seems to stop working ok.

On the other hand, IsRunning method from IMVRecording inteface dont returns a value of TRUE (1) when MVRecording is recording and I dont undestand how is possible. IsRunning returns 1 if MVRecording is recording?

thank you.

Marc Cymontkowski
July 7, 2004, 17:32:45
Hi,

The recording filters needs a renderer connected to the 'output' pin to work correctly. If you do not need a preview, please use the 'Null Renderer' (General/Renderer/General) instead of a video renderer.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski