PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneously triggering of two 21F04

Unregistered
June 21, 2004, 20:14:56
We would like to make stereo vision feedback control of robot using two DMK 21F04 cameras.

Those cameras does not have external trigger input. Is it possible for both cameras on a bus to be triggered by software simultaneously? How large will be uncertain time delay (and jitter) before the start of exposure?

Is the area of interest (AOI) supported by DMK 21F04? Will it have an effect on the maximum frame rate?

Thank you

Bojan

Stefan Geissler
June 22, 2004, 08:35:41
Hello Bojan,

There is no way to synchronize the DMK 21F04 through the FireWire bus. If you want to snap images from each camera and compare them, the delay could be the frame rate of the camera. But i must say, i never tested this, therefore i have no reliable data about this.
The only reliable way to synchronize cameras is to used an external trigger. The Sony DCam cameras support external trigger.
I created a red/green sterovision with an special filter. It had two input pins. If the first pin recieved an image, the filter waited for an image on the second pin. After both images have been arrived, an RGB24 image was composed from the two input images and delivered to the video renderer. This worked fine, but there was still a delay between the two images. (Do no ask me about the length of the delay, the filter was written just for fun.)

A region of interest does not exist for the DMK 21F04.

DennisDoane
August 12, 2004, 22:59:07
The Sony XCD-SX910 has external trigger mode. I am using two of them controlled from a single application. I am having some driver issues however.