PDA

View Full Version : Shutter speed, gain control + web streaming from VB6

Camelot
June 2, 2004, 10:23:16
Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum, I'm writing VB6 program controlling standard webcam (e.g. Creative) I need yo activate it in three modes -

1. Standard capture mode - capture pictures and store it as JPEG file on local disk, since camera operates 24 hours, I need full controll on the camera parameters including shutter speed, brightness, gain etc.

2. Local live mode - where I need to capture live video and store it on my disk as AVI or MPEG 4 files
3. Web streaming - where I need to capture live video and enable web users vdeo streaming to their browser with full controll on bit rate, frame rate etc.

I'm in the beginning of the project, and using only VB6 (no .net), I will appriciate any help with sample VB source files and relevant control pbjects, preffer to use standard Microsoft objects, but there3'd party components may be used if they are not expensive

Camelot

Stefan Geissler
June 2, 2004, 15:51:47
Hello,

The first two points you have written can be done with IC Imaging Control.
You may download the trial version of IC Imaging Control at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/downloads/trial. The installation contains many samples.

Webstreaming with bit rate control is not functionallity of IC Imaging Control. For doing this, you would need another control.