PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install the IC LabVIEW Extension!

Henning
April 30, 2004, 08:27:46
Hi,

I have just downloaded the trial Version of ICImagingControl and the LabVIEW Extension.
As described in the help files I tried to include the "IC.Imaging Control Class.ctl", by selecting Tools -> Advanced -> Import ActiveX Controls … . After this operation the ICImagingControl icon appears but I can't drag-and-drop it onto the Front Panel.

Do I have to connect a WDM compliant video device or should it work without?

My System: W2K Professional SP4, DirectX 9.0b, Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM

Any suggestions are welcome…!

Henning

Stefan Geissler
April 30, 2004, 08:37:05
Hello Henning,

You do not need to connect a camera, before you can drag and drop it to the front panel.

What Labview Version do you use? If you do want write this details in public, you can write to support@imagingcontrol.com

Henning
April 30, 2004, 08:42:37
Hi Stefan,

I am using LabVIEW 7.0 Express. Could it be that this doesn´t work with the Trial version?

Thanks,
Henning

Stefan Geissler
April 30, 2004, 09:49:22
Henning,

it should work perfectly with the trial version. Do the samples work?

Henning
April 30, 2004, 09:57:04
Stefan,

The samples work so far. If I am trying to start one a screen pops-up to tell me that I am using the trial version. So far so good. However no camera is connected, so I get an error message after pressing the "start" or "grab" button. The thing ist, that I am still not able to drag the "IC.Imaging Control Class.ctl" from the user controls. The icon is there but when I click on it an try to move it to the front panel nothing happens!

Any further idea?!

Henning

Stefan Geissler
April 30, 2004, 12:47:43
Henning,

This seems to be a problem of the trial version. The fill version does not have the error.
You may try to alter the examples. In the samples you can delete all except the the IC Imaging Control itself.

We apologize for the inconvinience.

sproge
May 27, 2004, 12:22:40
I have the same problem here. It would be great if you could somehow determine how it works with the trial version eventually. It is just harder to evaluate that way.

Stefan Geissler
May 27, 2004, 13:07:34
Hello,

At this point of time, you can only use one of the demo VIs and advance it to your needs. The problem is known and we try to fix it. But we have no deadline for this this issue.