PDA

View Full Version : Converting Uncompressed Video to S-Video

Kay
April 16, 2004, 16:53:56
Hi,

If I capture uncompressed video with a DFG/SV1 or DFG/1394-1, how can I convert that video to S-Video for display on a video monitor?

1 - Do you sell a device that converts uncompressed video output from the PC to S-Video or Composite video for a video monitor?

2 - Do you have a sample application that demontrates outputting DV or uncompressed video from the firewire port?

Thanks,

Peter

Johannes Vogel
April 19, 2004, 10:19:53
Hello,

You need a graphics card that is able to generate a standard video output.

Kay
April 19, 2004, 14:55:43
Johannes,

Thanks for the reply.

With a VGA card that has a video output, the whole desktop is converted. I need a way to send out just the video window to a monitor. My video window does not cover the whole desktop.

Thanks,

Peter

Stefan Geissler
April 22, 2004, 08:44:49
Hallo Peter,

The only way i know to solve this problem, is to reduce the desktop resolution of the desktop that is put out through TV output to 800*600 or 640*480 pixel. The video should be displayed a fullscreen in this desktop.

The desktop resolution should be as nearest as possible to the video formats resolution.

The Canopus ADVC 100 is able to convert a DV stream from FireWire to analog TV. This may solves your problem. I have no personal experiences with this item, i only had a look onthe technical spec of it.

Kay
April 22, 2004, 15:03:29
Stefan,

Thanks for the reply.

I got the video out of the S-Video on the VGA card and out to the video monitor.

The trick is to use a dual head VGA card and use 2 Direct3D devices, one for the monitor connected to the VGA connector on the VGA card and the other for the video monitor connected to the S-Video output of the VGA card.

Regards,

Peter